Skip to main content

Up Close & Personal : SHATTA MICHY, THE SHATTA MOVEMENT EMPIRE QUEEN

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” 

Those were the words of British actress; Audrey Hepburn who was recognised as a film and fashion icon in her active days during Hollywood's Golden Age. Undoubtedly one of Hollywood's greatest style icons is noted for her several quotes which have become an inspiration to several young ladies across the globe.

One of these ladies who have dared to raise the bar, taking inspiration from Audrey Hepburn to keep her head up to ensure she grabs the gold in life is our very own Shatta Movement Queen, Michelle Diamond, wife of the King of African Dancehall music and currently the biggest and most sought after Ghanaian musician of our time, Shatta Wale. Just like Audrey, the Shatta Movement Queen believes in the principle “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible”!

Born in Norway, Shatta Michy, as she is affectionately called is a young adventurous and self-motivated lady who believes in the principle of multi-tasking and its relevance to growing global trends. She is a go-getter who is aspiring to become exceptionally successful in her chosen fields of endeavors – human relations and marketing.  Her goal in life is to “study hard, work hard in order to find myself and this can only be achieved through hard work. Setting goals means becoming very unique in your ways and approach to set you aside from other people”, according to her. 
 After several encounters and interactions with the always cheerful Michy, I can say on authority she is a very happy person, filled with humour, laughter and jokes. Before you get a different interpretation of this, she can be calm, cool and collected when she gets focused! Her emphasis is on substance as exhibited in her way of doing things, ranging from academics to her everyday activities. She is simply fun!

The former General Arts student of Mfantsiman Girls High School reveals her highest moments in life to be whenever she manages to achieve something great or learn something new which makes a positive impact on her life as well as those around her. “I love to learn new things and achieve greatness.  At my leisure time, I will be either decorating, cooking, looking for new recipes and reading materials to develop myself as a person”, she said. 

An individual totally in love with nature, Michy studied Human Relations Management at Zenith College after her secondary education and currently taking a course in Marketing at the Wisconsin International University College.  She is aspiring to study law after her current course. “I grew up wanting to become a flight attendant but as you grow you have a paradigm shift sometimes. At the moment, I’m considering studying law after my current course. I will hopefully specialize in criminal law” 

Apart from the Almighty God, one of Michy’s pillars in life is her adorable mother who has always been there for her through the good and the bad. “It’s an opportunity to reveal to the world an important person in my life by name Gloria Morrison. That is my mother and my strength all these years. She is a hotelier and a very busy person but has always made time to be there for me and I appreciate her for all the effort. She’s is just a darling and God sent to make me who I have become at this point”. 

Quite recently, Shatta Michy was unveiled as one of the cast of a drama television series titled “Cocoa Brown” to premier on Viasat 1 this Sunday 3rd July at 6.30pm. The series is based on the life of broadcaster Deloris Frimpong- Manso, popularly referred to as Delay. Before the series hits the screens, industry professionals who worked on the production have praised Michy for her exceptional acting skills.
About her involvement in “Cocoa Brown”, Shatta Michy said “After my interview on the Delay Show, she mentioned something about my personality and her project. 

After a few minutes of discussion, she asked me to audition for the role. According to her and her team, I nailed it effortlessly meaning I was getting a role. It was challenging as I had to combine with the other things I was doing at the time. I thank God for making me go through and the future for me looks bright in this newly found love”.

According to Michy, she wouldn’t have come this far if she didn’t believe in herself with a conscious effort to make things happen. A staunch believer in Christ, she is convinced everyone can become whatever they want to if they work towards it and ask for direction and vision from God. In addition to becoming a lawyer, Michy aspires to be in the league of top rated business moguls and a respectable personality in society. 

By Christabel Osei Aku  (Fashion Entrepreneur & Creative Director)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Telenovela Channel Eva+ Launches On GOtv And DStv In November

Eva+ will begin airing on Tuesday, 1st of November on GOtv Plus on channel 113 as well as all DStv packages on channels 142.  Similarly to Eva, Eva+ will offer high production value Latin American telenovelas fully dubbed in English and Portuguese languages, and will be the first channel in AMC Networks International UK’s (AMCNI UK) regional portfolio to be available on MultiChoice’s DTT platform. Louise Cottrell, Vice President, Affiliate Sales for AMCNI UK said: “We are delighted to expand our telenovela offerings and partner with MultiChoice in introducing Eva+ to the African market. Telenovelas are increasingly popular in the region, so it’s exciting that with Eva+ offered on GOtv in addition to DStv, we will now be able to reach brand new viewers with our top quality content.”

Telecel Ghana CEO Featured In KNUST's 75th Anniversary Commemorative Publication

Telecel Ghana Chief Executive Officer, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has been recognised as one of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)'s distinguished alumni in the telecommunications sector, earning a feature in the university's 75th anniversary commemorative publication, 70 Years of Global Impact. The commemorative book, unveiled at the anniversary launch under the theme "From Excellence to Eminence: 75 Years of KNUST," celebrates alumni whose leadership, innovation and contributions have shaped industries and advanced national and global development over the past seven decades.

Somi Named Spotify’s EQUAL Africa Artist For August

Acclaimed singer, songwriter, and playwright Somi has been announced as Spotify’s EQUAL Africa artist for the month of August. Celebrated globally for her narrative richness and genre-defying sound, Somi has built an extraordinary career bridging African rhythms with contemporary American jazz. The announcement coincides with the release of her highly anticipated new album, What Does It Take to Bloom?, dropping on August 7, on Salon Africana. The 13-track project, led by the poignant single We’re All Falling, is an intimate meditation on self-discovery, identity, and finding belonging amid life's dissonance. Co-produced by Somi alongside Benjamin James (of Nigerian Highlife duo The Cavemen.), the album features guest appearances from The Cavemen. and acclaimed jazz saxophonist Lakecia Benjamin. Recorded across Dakar, Lagos, Paris, and New York City, the album weaves global sensibilities into Somi's most personal work to date.