Skip to main content

Actor Kalu Ikeagwu Releases Statement On His Arrest By The Nigerian Police

Yesterday, news broke out in Nigeria that British-Nigerian actor and writer, Kalu Egbui Ikeagwu was arrested by the police following a robbery and homicide case. He has released a statement stating what exactly happened. Read that below

Just to clear the air, I have this to say. I was literally abducted at gunpoint by earring wearing men purported to be policemen (they were five) in an unmarked Hiace bus with civilian number plates and fake identity cards. 

They first claimed to be working on an abduction Abuja case which changed to a robbery case, all while in transit.

Even on getting to the police station I was not allowed to go in to the premises but was held outside . 

I repeatedly asked to go into the station where I'd feel safer to ask whatever questions that were burning in my mind regarding my traumatic experience. It did not happen. Instead they told me a phone used for a kidnap was being sought for,later the story changed to robbery then back to kidnap.

As I write this piece I have not written any police statement in any police station which strikes me as very odd. I'm still wondering why I was molested and kidnapped just because a purported phone no was supposedly tracked to phone. 

Why would they have to harass me when they already had details of the buyer and seller of the phone? In a legitimate situation,the seller of the stolen phone should be the key witness in this investigation, but in this case the police are till now very reluctant to meet the seller.
I know there are mysteries I need to unravel in this case and I will try to get answers to them. It's so pathetic that one can get bad publicity from Nigerian media just because they're so much in a hurry to copy that they forget the importance of confirmation from all the parties involved. Publishing a story based solely on a neighbour's account isn't true journalism, that's pure gossip and slander.

We need real facts from the media and we need protection from the police and not molestation.

#enoughsaid #policebrutality #thuggeryinaction #nigerianmedia

#gossipistoxic #nigerianpothere

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Telecel Ghana CEO Featured In KNUST's 75th Anniversary Commemorative Publication

Telecel Ghana Chief Executive Officer, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has been recognised as one of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)'s distinguished alumni in the telecommunications sector, earning a feature in the university's 75th anniversary commemorative publication, 70 Years of Global Impact. The commemorative book, unveiled at the anniversary launch under the theme "From Excellence to Eminence: 75 Years of KNUST," celebrates alumni whose leadership, innovation and contributions have shaped industries and advanced national and global development over the past seven decades.

Telenovela Channel Eva+ Launches On GOtv And DStv In November

Eva+ will begin airing on Tuesday, 1st of November on GOtv Plus on channel 113 as well as all DStv packages on channels 142.  Similarly to Eva, Eva+ will offer high production value Latin American telenovelas fully dubbed in English and Portuguese languages, and will be the first channel in AMC Networks International UK’s (AMCNI UK) regional portfolio to be available on MultiChoice’s DTT platform. Louise Cottrell, Vice President, Affiliate Sales for AMCNI UK said: “We are delighted to expand our telenovela offerings and partner with MultiChoice in introducing Eva+ to the African market. Telenovelas are increasingly popular in the region, so it’s exciting that with Eva+ offered on GOtv in addition to DStv, we will now be able to reach brand new viewers with our top quality content.”

Somi Named Spotify’s EQUAL Africa Artist For August

Acclaimed singer, songwriter, and playwright Somi has been announced as Spotify’s EQUAL Africa artist for the month of August. Celebrated globally for her narrative richness and genre-defying sound, Somi has built an extraordinary career bridging African rhythms with contemporary American jazz. The announcement coincides with the release of her highly anticipated new album, What Does It Take to Bloom?, dropping on August 7, on Salon Africana. The 13-track project, led by the poignant single We’re All Falling, is an intimate meditation on self-discovery, identity, and finding belonging amid life's dissonance. Co-produced by Somi alongside Benjamin James (of Nigerian Highlife duo The Cavemen.), the album features guest appearances from The Cavemen. and acclaimed jazz saxophonist Lakecia Benjamin. Recorded across Dakar, Lagos, Paris, and New York City, the album weaves global sensibilities into Somi's most personal work to date.