Skip to main content

"I'd Take Your Song And Make It Better" - Kati G says As She Covers Joey B's U x Me

"I'm an original musician so I can put more creativity into anyone's song", Kati G said as she offered me a sit in her office at the prestigious STARR FM. 

Her smile resonated the satisfaction in a soul; her cover of Joey B's U x Me, had made me find her and request an interview.

Looking at the sexy slender young lady, it's easy to understand how she put soo much fun into the already trendy song. She was like a bubble; probably one in a champagne bottle. 

Her positive energy couldn't be held back. This is totally obvious in her U x Me cover. There was rare jive in her voice, as she began the song on a calm note and soon hit the crescendo; displaying her vocal prowess, hitting high notes and running melodious modulations.

Expectantly, I enquired from Kati G, if we should expect any more covers and she was quick to say, "My plan is to do an album of covers", she further urged  "get ready Ghanaian and Nigerian artists, your song might be next!".

The enthusiastic manner with which she spoke, made me understand her love for music. She wasn't about to be stopped in her tracks, as she invited musicians to put the to test. " I dare any artist to put me to a challenge to redo their song over. It's a piece of cake for me.

 I produce hit radio shows, next hit tv shows and hit songs. I'm a mogul, full entertainer, and apex executive producer in Ghana!", a verbose Kati G said.
I seemed to have gotten a lot of insight on this young lady who was humble with a hint of Kanye and it was time for me to wrap up. I decided to ask her a final question.

 "Who will you compare yourself with", I queried. After a few seconds of scanning her mind, Kati G said, "I consider myself the P.Diddy of Ghana, cause I can do all things and the greatest thing about that is I'm a female."

Listen to Kati G's cover of Joey B's UxMe now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Telecel Ghana CEO Featured In KNUST's 75th Anniversary Commemorative Publication

Telecel Ghana Chief Executive Officer, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has been recognised as one of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)'s distinguished alumni in the telecommunications sector, earning a feature in the university's 75th anniversary commemorative publication, 70 Years of Global Impact. The commemorative book, unveiled at the anniversary launch under the theme "From Excellence to Eminence: 75 Years of KNUST," celebrates alumni whose leadership, innovation and contributions have shaped industries and advanced national and global development over the past seven decades.

Telenovela Channel Eva+ Launches On GOtv And DStv In November

Eva+ will begin airing on Tuesday, 1st of November on GOtv Plus on channel 113 as well as all DStv packages on channels 142.  Similarly to Eva, Eva+ will offer high production value Latin American telenovelas fully dubbed in English and Portuguese languages, and will be the first channel in AMC Networks International UK’s (AMCNI UK) regional portfolio to be available on MultiChoice’s DTT platform. Louise Cottrell, Vice President, Affiliate Sales for AMCNI UK said: “We are delighted to expand our telenovela offerings and partner with MultiChoice in introducing Eva+ to the African market. Telenovelas are increasingly popular in the region, so it’s exciting that with Eva+ offered on GOtv in addition to DStv, we will now be able to reach brand new viewers with our top quality content.”

“Play More, Win More” — 220 Fans to Join Black Stars to the 2026 World Cup

The Ghana Football Association has hosted the official launch of the World Cup Bonanza at its headquarters in Accra, bringing together leadership from the National Lottery Authority (NLA) and key partners to unveil a national raffle that will reward 220 Ghanaian football fans with trips to the 2026 World Cup. Mr Kwabena Opoku-Boakye, Head of Marketing for the NLA outlined the mechanics of participation and nationwide engagement efforts assuring Ghanaians of a simple and accessible and impartial process. Speaking on behalf of the Board Chairman of Rambell, Mr. Rockson Konde explained how fans can take part, stating: “Joining is straightforward. Dial * 899* 899#, follow the prompts and play. Every play increases your chances. It’s as simple as that. Play More, Win More.”