Skip to main content

President Mahama Addressed The Nation Ghana, I was Only Joking On Twitter

Comedian DKB has explained that his tweet that questioned the nation President Mahama addressed at parliament on Thursday was for jokes.

The king of Ghanaian comedy on Thursday tweeted that “#SOTNGhana Saying all this good works but we don’t see it. I wonder the nation he is addressing, sark nation? bhim nation? Or carnation?”

Some Ghanaians have misinterpreted this tweet, which had over 119 retweets. 

DKB in an interview with Zionfelix.com early Friday morning stated that he made the comment just to put smiles on the faces of his followers but not to attack the president as it has been interpreted.

“I knew certainly that the president was addressing Ghana as a nation but for me as a comedian, I knew I was having fun on twitter. I felt to tweet something that was funny and they were in no way to fight the president because I’m not a political figure and I have nothing to do with politics.

All I wrote as just for fun so my main intention was not to make the president look bad or point holes in his work. In actual fact, I don’t have intention of criticizing NDC government or punching any holes in his state of the nation address “

The former Big Brother Africa rep continued that “a lot of people have fun on social media networks and I can’t be an exception to that because I also have freedom I enjoy but it is rather unfortunate that it came out as a political news worthy.”

DKB further apologised to those who are offended by his tweet. “Anybody offended by the story should not take it serious because that is not what I intended to do. I was in one corner enjoying my tweets on a micro-blogging site twitter and it was taken as a political tool.”

When asked if he has received threats for the tweet, Derick Kobina Bonney answered positively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Telecel Ghana CEO Featured In KNUST's 75th Anniversary Commemorative Publication

Telecel Ghana Chief Executive Officer, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has been recognised as one of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)'s distinguished alumni in the telecommunications sector, earning a feature in the university's 75th anniversary commemorative publication, 70 Years of Global Impact. The commemorative book, unveiled at the anniversary launch under the theme "From Excellence to Eminence: 75 Years of KNUST," celebrates alumni whose leadership, innovation and contributions have shaped industries and advanced national and global development over the past seven decades.

Telenovela Channel Eva+ Launches On GOtv And DStv In November

Eva+ will begin airing on Tuesday, 1st of November on GOtv Plus on channel 113 as well as all DStv packages on channels 142.  Similarly to Eva, Eva+ will offer high production value Latin American telenovelas fully dubbed in English and Portuguese languages, and will be the first channel in AMC Networks International UK’s (AMCNI UK) regional portfolio to be available on MultiChoice’s DTT platform. Louise Cottrell, Vice President, Affiliate Sales for AMCNI UK said: “We are delighted to expand our telenovela offerings and partner with MultiChoice in introducing Eva+ to the African market. Telenovelas are increasingly popular in the region, so it’s exciting that with Eva+ offered on GOtv in addition to DStv, we will now be able to reach brand new viewers with our top quality content.”

Fidelity Bank Equips Miss Ghana 2026 Contestants With Financial Literacy, Sustainability, And Entrepreneurship Skills

Contestants of the 69th Miss Ghana pageant have received vital, practical lessons in financial literacy, personal empowerment, and environmental sustainability during a comprehensive mentorship session hosted by Fidelity Bank Ghana LTD at the Bank’s head office in Accra.   Held under the theme “Empowering Women, Enduring Legacy,” the engagement formed part of a strategic coaching series designed to prepare the contestants beyond the pageant stage, equipping them with the knowledge and skills needed to become effective ambassadors, entrepreneurs, and leaders in their communities. Addressing the contestants, Chair of the Miss Ghana Foundation, Inna Patty, Esq., expressed her profound appreciation to Fidelity Bank Ghana for partnering with the organization to empower the young women through financial education. “Partnering with an institution that consistently champions financial inclusion and national development is an honour, and we thank you for your warm hospitality ...