Skip to main content

I Want To Be A Peace Maker – Jay Ghartey

Vodafone Ghana Music Award winner Jay Ghartey has disclosed that he is not ready to participate in politics because he wants to be a peace maker.

The “My Lady” hit maker shared that he is not ready to jeopardize his music career with politics.

He explained that he as musician finds politics very dividing and if he should partake in it now, it might affect his music career and to a large extent loose his fans.

“As of now I would not personally want to do that maybe in the future it is definitely a possibility but at this time I am not going to put my career into that at this moment because I think it’s too much division.”

However Jay Ghartey commended his colleagues who are pursuing their political ambitions and also added that he personally sees nothing wrong with that besides its their right and especially if they want to cause a change in society.


“I definitely support any celebrity who wants to for office himself because I think that every Ghanaian has the right to pursue a political ambition, there is nothing wrong with that and especially if they want to make a difference in the community and the country, I think its fine if they pursue a political ambition.” He explained.

Jay Ghartey further stated that he might consider participating in active politics in near future but as of now he wants to be a peace maker.

“I want to be a peace maker so I don’t want to really be taking sides at this time maybe in the future if I believe in something I can change my mind.” 

Jay Ghartey has collaborated with almost every influential artiste in Ghana and keeps putting nation on the international map through his music.

By Nii Ayi Mensah Lartey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Telecel Ghana CEO Featured In KNUST's 75th Anniversary Commemorative Publication

Telecel Ghana Chief Executive Officer, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has been recognised as one of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)'s distinguished alumni in the telecommunications sector, earning a feature in the university's 75th anniversary commemorative publication, 70 Years of Global Impact. The commemorative book, unveiled at the anniversary launch under the theme "From Excellence to Eminence: 75 Years of KNUST," celebrates alumni whose leadership, innovation and contributions have shaped industries and advanced national and global development over the past seven decades.

Telenovela Channel Eva+ Launches On GOtv And DStv In November

Eva+ will begin airing on Tuesday, 1st of November on GOtv Plus on channel 113 as well as all DStv packages on channels 142.  Similarly to Eva, Eva+ will offer high production value Latin American telenovelas fully dubbed in English and Portuguese languages, and will be the first channel in AMC Networks International UK’s (AMCNI UK) regional portfolio to be available on MultiChoice’s DTT platform. Louise Cottrell, Vice President, Affiliate Sales for AMCNI UK said: “We are delighted to expand our telenovela offerings and partner with MultiChoice in introducing Eva+ to the African market. Telenovelas are increasingly popular in the region, so it’s exciting that with Eva+ offered on GOtv in addition to DStv, we will now be able to reach brand new viewers with our top quality content.”

Somi Named Spotify’s EQUAL Africa Artist For August

Acclaimed singer, songwriter, and playwright Somi has been announced as Spotify’s EQUAL Africa artist for the month of August. Celebrated globally for her narrative richness and genre-defying sound, Somi has built an extraordinary career bridging African rhythms with contemporary American jazz. The announcement coincides with the release of her highly anticipated new album, What Does It Take to Bloom?, dropping on August 7, on Salon Africana. The 13-track project, led by the poignant single We’re All Falling, is an intimate meditation on self-discovery, identity, and finding belonging amid life's dissonance. Co-produced by Somi alongside Benjamin James (of Nigerian Highlife duo The Cavemen.), the album features guest appearances from The Cavemen. and acclaimed jazz saxophonist Lakecia Benjamin. Recorded across Dakar, Lagos, Paris, and New York City, the album weaves global sensibilities into Somi's most personal work to date.