Skip to main content

AJ Nelson Launches “Wise Up For Peace” Campaign

Ghanaian rap artiste, AJ Nelson, is the latest Ghanaian celebrity to launch a peace cause ahead of the December 7 Presidential and Parliamentary elections.

Dubbed “Wise Up For Peace”, AJ Nelson carries a message of peace and making choices based on issues and with wisdom.

Explaining why he is doing this peace campaign after his colleagues have taken the lead, AJ said he is not following the same trait. Instead, he is adopting a social media strategy and will involve the masses rather than influential people.

“I am not doing this campaign because my colleagues have done the same. There’s an Akan proverb that says ‘plenty fish doesn’t spoil the soup’ and if you have been following me from day one, you would realise that I have always been a peace ambassador. Through my music and interviews, I have been preaching peace.

“My peace campaign is not the same as what some of my colleagues are doing. Me, being a poet and a writer, I like to put my works on paper so people can see and talk about it. I have my own peace quotes which I didn’t lift from anyone. I would share them on social media and after that, we will follow up with a video. I will not involve any celebrity because when it comes to war, you will not see them anywhere so I will involve the masses,” he said.
Many celebrities launched their campaigns early and AJ’s campaign came at the late hour but he has his reasons. With just a few days to the elections, AJ Nelson believes he would make a better impact with his campaign after the political rallies.

“I started late because I didn’t want to be competing with any political party. They are busy campaigning and getting people’s attention, and since I need the masses’ attention, I had to wait for the rallies and campaigns to be over. And like they say, it’s better than never so we can do a lot within this short period.

“I am not doing this because I think there would be a war but just want to help to maintain the peace we are enjoying in the country,” he concluded.

“Wise Up For Peace” campaign is an initiative of Corna Rock Music, a label owned by AJ Nelson.

Watch “Power To The People” featuring Wiyaala here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy Eke Returns To The World Of Reality TV This October

Mercy Eke, Big Brother Nigeria (BBNaija) Season 4 winner, is returning to reality TV this October with the premiere of the sophomore season of her show, Mercy: What Next? While the first season of the show - Mercy and Ike, focused on Mercy’s relationship with her BBNaija love partner, Ike, the new season follows the life of Mercy as a star, her search for love, adapting to fame and the constant pursuit of her dreams. “The engaging and unscripted original that tells the story of Mercy Eke from a new perspective, two years after winning BBNaija, also caters to younger audiences and budding stars with a series of lessons on managing fame, dealing with an increasing fan base and the business of celebrity life,” said Busola Tejumola, the Executive Head, Content and West Africa Channels, at MultiChoice Nigeria. In the final episode of the first season, viewers saw Mercy and Ike talking about how they enjoyed shooting the reality TV show together, lessons learnt in their relationship and how ...

Telecel Ghana CEO Featured In KNUST's 75th Anniversary Commemorative Publication

Telecel Ghana Chief Executive Officer, Ing. Patricia Obo-Nai, has been recognised as one of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)'s distinguished alumni in the telecommunications sector, earning a feature in the university's 75th anniversary commemorative publication, 70 Years of Global Impact. The commemorative book, unveiled at the anniversary launch under the theme "From Excellence to Eminence: 75 Years of KNUST," celebrates alumni whose leadership, innovation and contributions have shaped industries and advanced national and global development over the past seven decades.

Telenovela Channel Eva+ Launches On GOtv And DStv In November

Eva+ will begin airing on Tuesday, 1st of November on GOtv Plus on channel 113 as well as all DStv packages on channels 142.  Similarly to Eva, Eva+ will offer high production value Latin American telenovelas fully dubbed in English and Portuguese languages, and will be the first channel in AMC Networks International UK’s (AMCNI UK) regional portfolio to be available on MultiChoice’s DTT platform. Louise Cottrell, Vice President, Affiliate Sales for AMCNI UK said: “We are delighted to expand our telenovela offerings and partner with MultiChoice in introducing Eva+ to the African market. Telenovelas are increasingly popular in the region, so it’s exciting that with Eva+ offered on GOtv in addition to DStv, we will now be able to reach brand new viewers with our top quality content.”